Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Birthday Weekend slash Week?

My birthday started on September 22nd, my real birthday is September 29th. We went to Mary Poppins with my parents in SLC because that is what we gave my pops for Christmas last year. BUT my parents took us out to dinner before as my birthday dinner. This was the beginning of my birthday celebration.
Matson and I at Mary Poppins! We tend to not communicate in photographs.
Matson and my parents in our perfect seats! And farther up too close and looking up. Any farther back..much worse!
Well Merry Christmas to Dad and Happy Birthday to me!

The next day after Mary Poppins we went boating on someone's boat in my parents' ward. My parents had bought in a ward auction a day on the lake. So we went. My family does not own a boat, we do not go boating often, and therefore we are not well skilled at boating skills like wakeboarding or surfing, etc. If you don't believe me then watch this video of me attempting to wakeboard:


Ok I told you. I am way bent over and so not good! I have not been wakeboarding since my Senior trip with friends right after we graduated. 

We surfed and wakeboarded. Surfing is so much dang fun! It was my first time and I loved it! Now all my siblings and I are trying to talk Pops into getting a boat!
Matson Wakeboarding
Matson surfing. First time for him too.
Next for my birthday festivities was my actual birthday! I woke up that morning to a note right where I stepped out of bed and something on my porch:
My mama brought my favorite fall treat: dried pears! And a yummy sugar cookie.
I had lots of school on my birthday, but a yummy lunch at Zupas in between and when I came home from school I saw this:
Matson always gets the most perfect roses. I have had them almost a week and they still look the same!
Then Matson and I both had some homework before we headed out for dinner at Outback (some of you might be thinking...Matson so chose that. But actually I did! I love their salad!).
I love this picture. He was laughing when I took this!
Matson seriously or maybe kidding said, "Since you are 21, let's order you a drink and then just not drink it." It didn't happen.
 After dinner we still had time before our late night movie so Matson told me I got to open one present! This is what I opened:
Matson gave me a very cute picture of him as a child. In a very cute frame that all goes along with a picture of me that I have and have wanted to put up on our wall in our room somewhere with a little saying or something about childhood or something? (any cute quotes or ideas let me know).
This is the picture of me from when I was little in a ballet class. Both the pictures are of us around the same age and in similar style frames just one more manly and the other more girly. I love it and have wanted to get a picture framed forever! I just never got to it. Man, Matson is a good gift giver!
 We then went and saw the movie The Help. I had to finish the book before going to see it. It was a great movie. We both loved it and I will admit that I cried a couple times. It was kind of a low key birthday, but very fun and so us to just talk and enjoy a nice din din and a much anticipated exciting movie! Thanks Mats for making it so fun!


Since my parents and family were busy on my actual birthday, I kind of got to celebrate my birthday alllll weekend. 

Friday - We watched the Cougs play and pull out the greatest win ever so great that I was even yelling. me the person who usually does not even get into the games but just watches to make Matson happy. I was so into and yelling so loud that it freaked out Rookie (my family dog). After the game I got to celebrate my Bday with Matson's family. They spoiled me rotten! They got a yummy cake and gave me some FUN gifts I failed to take pictures though. URGH! My sister in law made and gave me the cutest little homemade book that she titled "The Book of Lists". It is so cute and I cannot wait to make lists in it! I am such a huge lister person! I also got a paper cutter!! ahhh I have wanted one for forever!

Saturday -  What better birthday gift than General Conference? (I am going to blog about GC all on its on because it deserves its own). We got scones for breakfast and yummy treats throughout the day and shopping with my sister and mama!

Sunday - Conference (blog post coming soon...), yummy breakfast, treats, and my favorite Sunday meal made by my mother! I got an old favorite that I don't get to eat very much anymore because I try not to eat potatoes, but I got FUNERAL POTATOES. Seriously my favorite, I am so weird! I got some sweeeet gifts from my family. My sister made me a wreath off of Pinterest. I got some boots from Matson, another pair of boots from my parents, perfume, and clothes! Yipee! Then at night we had some friends over and played 2 of my favorite games with them and ate homemade cinnamon caramel apples! 
Me and the Wreath my sister made.
Awkward picture by some of my gifts.
 BEST BIRTHDAY EVER. I seriously got to celebrate it all week long it felt like. And I got spoiled by everyone. Not to mention how everyone and their dog writes on your Facebook wall now on your birthday. So thank you because without that I would feel so dumb that I would have an instant big "L" on my forehead! Thanks family, friends, and everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy "late" Birthday! Guy and I saw Mary Poppins in Dallas a few years ago and LOVED it too. I loved when she flies out over the audience at the end! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so fun! Glad you had a good loooong birthday! Love you churkey!!

    ReplyDelete